The winter 2015 print edition is in stores now. Special report on the persistence of segregation in local public schools. Plus: 24-page insert commemorating the now shuttered weekly San Francisco Bay Guardian, produced by the newspaper’s former staff.
Buy a copy for $1 at these retail locations. | Become a member to receive the next four issues of the Public Press plus additional member benefits. | Request home delivery for single copies or a basic subscription.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Public Press role
- Multimedia Reporter
- Where I live
- San Francisco
Mineko got her B.A. from UC Berkeley in English and Anthropology, and is now a reporter at SF Public Press and a producer for the Bay Area Video Coalition's Neighborhood News Network.
- Member for
- 4 years 28 weeks
- View recent blog entries
More by Mineko Brand
- City’s struggle against graffiti tries rewards, murals and profiling
- San Francisco left seeks to channel spirit of ’75
- Utopianism behind them, co-ops seek new strength helping low-wage workers
- Former women prisoners face longer odds staying out after aid programs slashed
- Geographies of San Francisco re-imagined
- University of San Francisco aims to move transmitter quickly following KUSF sale
- As ad revenues and staffs shrink, TV news turns to technology