The winter 2015 print edition is in stores now. Special report on the persistence of segregation in local public schools. Plus: 24-page insert commemorating the now shuttered weekly San Francisco Bay Guardian, produced by the newspaper’s former staff.
Buy a copy for $1 at these retail locations. | Become a member to receive the next four issues of the Public Press plus additional member benefits. | Request home delivery for single copies or a basic subscription.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Public Press role
- Where I live
- San Jose
Like most of the reporters my age, I came to reporting via "All the President's Men." I've alway been naturally curious.
Lately, I have been focusing my reporting time on the area of medical cannabis and human trafficking.
- Member for
- 5 years 36 weeks
- View recent blog entries
More by Hank Drew
- News Notes
- Supes on: The budget - David Campos says the debate between public safety and public health is a 'false choice'
- Supes on: the budget -- 'There needs to be more dialogue,' says Maxwell
- Supervisors choose City Administrator Edwin Lee for interim mayor
- Shipyard protest targets Lennar, Navy plans for toxic land
- News Notes: Thousands of Bay Area children to lose health coverage
- News Notes: San Francisco set to go more green
- News Notes: Navy stalling on Hunters Point cleanup
- U.S. mayors support gay marriage
- Boxer concerned about Hunter's Point cleanup efforts
- Juneteenth festival brings awareness to Bay Area African-American community
- Supes on: the budget -- 'The lowest-income workers took the greatest hit in this budget,' Dist. 11 Supervisor John Avalos says
- Supes on: the budget — 'Our side allowed the mayor to get what they wanted,' says Mirkarimi
- Supes on: the budget — Cutbacks are fiscal 'armageddon,' Daly says
- News Notes: July 1 budget cuts to trim homeless and AIDS support
- News Notes: Drain on unemployment benefits could lead to 2011 crisis
- Tracking of medical pot data, key aim of state program, varies greatly by county
- City sets regulations for cannabis-laced goodies
- Upscale medical cannabis club aims to change image of industry
- Burning Man organizers eye move to redeveloped mid-Market Street arts district
- Growing pot should be treated the same as growing grapes: Q&A with lawyer David Owen
- Q&A: Candidates for San Francisco district attorney