The winter 2015 print edition is in stores now. Special report on the persistence of segregation in local public schools. Plus: 24-page insert commemorating the now shuttered weekly San Francisco Bay Guardian, produced by the newspaper’s former staff.
Buy a copy for $1 at these retail locations. | Become a member to receive the next four issues of the Public Press plus additional member benefits. | Request home delivery for single copies or a basic subscription.
- First Name
- Maureen Nandini
- Last Name
- Public Press role
- Web site
Maureen Nandini Mitra is the Managing Editor of Earth Island Journal (www.earthislandjournal.org), an award winning environmental quarterly. A journalism graduate from Columbia University, her work has appeared in publications such as The New Internationalist, Sueddeutsche Zeitung, The Caravan and Down to Earth magazine.
- Member for
- 4 years 28 weeks
- View recent blog entries
More by Maureen Nandini Mitra
- Lawsuit seeks details on failed $100 million CalPERS investment
- Is it ‘smart growth’ to build in the San Francisco Bay? Updates from the field
- Judge orders release of documents in failed CalPERS real estate investment
- Story in progress: ‘Smart growth’ or bay fill in Redwood City? ABAG has the numbers
- Huge development on fringe of Bay sparks debate over ‘smart growth’
- Story in progress: Veteran smart growth group wary of rushing to judgment
- Don’t build neighborhood on SF Bay salt flats, Redwood City voters say in new poll
- Ever-changing population predictions frustrate Bay Area smart-growth planning
- Tea partiers and Occupiers make strange bedfellows opposing sprawl control
- California’s Market for Hard-to-Verify Carbon Offsets Could Let Industry Pollute as Usual